Who is Joe?An entrepreneur from 8 years old Joe has had a passion for life that moves the ball forward against all odds. Born in Queens NY to a yoga teaching, meditation practicing mother and an Italian father that was an uber-entrepreneur the author learned simple techniques for forging ahead no matter the odds. Find out how a young kid breaks out, builds multiple businesses, changes lives, and eventually partners with military SpecOps.
So what is Spartan Up! Guide to Life all about????
• If you want to change your life you have to change your frame of reference.
• Anyone can demand instant gratification... but if you can delay it, you might just get where you want to go.
• Who says easier and faster is always better? Adversity paves the road to success.
Spartan Up! Will comprise 10 chapters, designed to teach you to systematically apply the Spartan way to every aspect of your life: food/diet, working out, health, business or work, education, relationships, parenting. Chapters will be structured around the following:
1. A visceral description of an obstacle from Spartan races that symbolizes the greater life challenges. Whether it’s mud or ice water or greased walls, the rationale behind creating each obstacle will shed light on the lessons to be learned from it. By the time the reader reaches the end of Spartan Up! they’ll feel like they’ve run an entire race and have that same sense of accomplishment and empowerment.
2. Guidance and advice on applying the lessons of the obstacle to their own life.
3. Examples from my own history in adventure racing and business that illustrate the points being made in the chapter. My own unique voice and life experience will shine through at every turn, and while some may initially see me as a life coach from hell, they’ll come to realize that I have a heart of gold (albeit a well-conditioned one).
4. Examples from those who have already undertaken the Spartan challenges. The stories of these people will place readers on the edge of their seat, because they see so much of themselves in the tales. Many of these people were leading unsatisfactory lives and filled with self-doubt before entering a Spartan Race. But doing such extreme racing in short periods of time merged their work and their play, allowing one to bring meaning to the other.
Enjoy some video clips of The Journey to Becoming a Spartan and Joe talking about what a burpee is and why they suck.